Rheumatoid arthritis causes severe pain and inflammation in your joints. While it is not much, you can do to cure it. There are some measures which can help you decrease the pain and swelling.
With proper rheumatoid arthritis diet, you can easily lower the inflammation. There are certain foodstuffs which are good for your body. You can include fruits, vegetables, olive oil and fish in your diet.
It is an autoimmune inflammatory disease. In this disease, your body attacks healthy tissues which cause pain and inflammation. It is a painful disease which can occur at any age.
The root cause of this disease is unknown. It mostly affects the joints in our body, but there are some rare cases in which it affects other areas like skin and heart.
The common symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis are painful joints, swollen joints, fever, stiffness and fatigue.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet:
Currently, there is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis. There are some treatments, but most of them have side effects.
Doctors will mostly prescribe painkillers, anti-inflammatory medicines and medicines to suppress the immune system.
These medicines are not really effective as they only numb the pain. Apart from that, there are many negative side effects of the medicine.
Because of this reason, doctors mostly advise the patient to change the diet. While it is not a permanent solution, it is better than other treatments.
There are certain foodstuffs which naturally prevents inflammation. It helps you to reduce the swelling and pain. Here are some foodstuffs which you need to include in your diet.
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fish contains omega-3 fatty acids. It has anti-inflammatory properties. You can include fatty fish like salmon, tuna, herring and mackerel in your diet.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Anti-oxidants also help you to fight inflammation. You need to add 2 cups of fruits and 3 cups of vegetables in your diet.
- Garlic and Ginger: Add these two ingredients in the food you prepare. You can add it to the soup. It helps to relieve joint pains.
- Whole grains: It helps to prevent heart disease, which is common in arthritis patients. Add oats, wheat, brown rice and fibre in your diet.
- Olive Oil: Instead of using other types of oils to prepare food, you need to use olive oil. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Flavonoids: It is a compound which is found in plants. You need to add berries, soy, grapes, broccoli and green tea in your diet. It helps with the pain.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet Plan Recipes:
People with rheumatoid arthritis follow a proper diet plan to avoid pain and swelling in the joints. Here we will show you diet plan recipes to fight rheumatoid arthritis.
- Breakfast: Here are the food recipes you can try for breakfast.
- Buckwheat and Ginger Granola
- Rhubarb, Apple and Ginger Muffins
- Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Raspberry Smoothie
- Cherry Coconut Porridge
- Gluten-free Crepes
- Baby Spinach and Mushroom Frittata
- Lunch: Here are the food recipes you can try for lunch.
- Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
- Winter Fruit Salad with Agave-Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Kale Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Smoked Salmon Potato Tartine
- Red Lentil and Squash Curry Stew
- Dinner: Here are the food recipes you can try for Dinner.
- Lemon Herb Salmon and Zucchini
- Curried Potatoes with Poached Eggs
- Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Baked Tilapia with Pecan Rosemary Topping
- Italian-Style Stuffed Red Peppers
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
You can use any of these recipes in combination to prepare a weekly diet plan. It will help you to effectively control rheumatoid arthritis.