Green tea has a famous name because of its health benefits. It is especially popular for its benefit for helping people lose weight. It seems that it can be in second place of the most popular beverage in the world below water. Of course, green tea is more than just a beverage that can help people to lose weight.
It comes with various kinds of nutrients and also antioxidants that can value people with various health benefits. It has been used for years as Chinese medicine for treating different kinds of health conditions. People just have to make sure that they consume green tea correctly so its health benefits are not wasted.
Is Green Tea Good for You
To answer this very question, people need to learn more about the nutrients content of green tea. Several components of green tea are proven to give health benefits to people. The major one might be catechins that are useful for decreasing blood cholesterol, reducing body fat, preventing cancer, acting as an antioxidant, preventing tooth decay, preventing influenza, inhibiting high blood pressure, preventing the hyperglycemic condition, and preventing bad breath.
It also comes with caffeine that is great to increase alertness, increase stamina, prevent a hangover, and work as a mild diuretic. Theanine in green tea works great to protect the neuronal cell, promote relaxation, and lower blood pressure.
Green Tea and Weight Loss
The claim of the value of green tea for losing weight can be heard everywhere. People can find green tea products that are added with a persuasive message for losing some weight effectively. It is also easy to find articles that write about drinking green tea for helping people to lose weight.
However, people cannot just swallow this claim and advertising. People have to make sure that they understand perfectly the relationship between green tea and weight loss. Once people are convinced that green tea is really great for their effort to lose weight, they have to make sure that they do not make a mistake when consuming it. It must be prepared properly at the right time. It is better not to take it too much because drinking green tea also has some side effects.
– Why Green Tea Is Great for Weight Loss
People might have a question about the way green tea can work effectively for weight loss. They need to understand the body’s metabolism system. During the body metabolism process, the food and drink will be converted into energy that can be used for various things in the body.
The reason why green tea is great for weight loss is that it can promote more efficient metabolism in the body. It thanks to an antioxidant agent called catechin flavonoid. It is useful for boosting body metabolism. A study has made research on the positive impact given by the catechin or caffeine in green tea on the weight loss programs.
Of course, people must not forget about the importance of a healthy diet and regular exercise that becomes the ultimate combo to lose weight. However, by adding green tea in the weight loss strategy, the positive result can be seen.
– How to Drink Green Tea
All types of green tea come with great health benefits. However, if people want to have green tea for weight loss, Matcha green tea can be a perfect choice because it comes with the highest amount of nutrients and antioxidants.
More importantly, Matcha green tea is made from the whole leaf that is ground and consumed. It is quite different from other green tea types. Choosing the right type of green tea is important to help people get more efficient weight loss results.
However, people must not forget about the importance of preparation. Brewing green tea correctly will help them preserve catechin that is the most precious compound in green tea. After boiling water, it should be left for about ten minutes before it can be used for brewing green tea. After about one minute, a cup of green tea can be served. Brew time can be adjusted to preferred taste.
– How much green tea should I drink?
They might be eager to drink pots of green tea each day to help them lose weight faster. However, they do not need to drink a bucket of green tea to get the weight loss effect. People have to be moderate when they consume supplements especially for weight loss.
Green tea can be considered as a supplement of course because it is an additional strategy alongside with a healthy diet and regular exercise. It is sufficient to drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day although the exact amount of green tea can be different since people might have different natural metabolism.
– How does green tea help you lose weight?
Green tea can help people lose weight because it contains EGCG and caffeine that are bio active substances that have great effects on body metabolism. By drinking green tea, the body will increase the number of hormones that command the fat cells to break down fat.
The fat will be released into the bloodstream so it can be used as energy. According to some studies, green tea can boost fat burning in the body. The even stronger effect can be found by combining green tea and exercise. Catechin in green tea might be useful to help people lose belly fat that is dangerous to health.
– How much green tea is too much?
Once again, people have to be moderate when drinking green tea. Even when they have green tea for losing weight, it is sufficient to have 2-3 cups of green tea per day. For average people, it is okay to have 3-5 cups of green tea in a day. It is said that the upper limit is ten cups of green tea per day.
Different bodies have different responses to the compounds that can be found in green tea. It is better not to drink green tea too much because it has some side effects. Too much green tea means that people take too much caffeine that is not good for health.
Catechin in green tea may also affect the absorption of iron in the body so it is necessary to have green tea in a moderate amount. Although people are happy with the benefit of green tea for weight loss, they surely have to make sure that they do not have too much of it.
– When is the right time to drink ?
It is not only about the way to prepare green tea and how much people should drink it so they can get an efficient weight loss result. People also have to pay attention to the right time to drink green tea. Green tea basically can be consumed anytime but when people want to get its weight loss benefit, it is recommended to drink their green tea right after they have their meals. This method should be done by people who do not have a sensitive stomach.
Green tea is naturally an alkaline that will stimulate more gastric juices secretion. According to the experts, it is also better to take a cup of green tea in the morning and another cup of green tea in the evening. However, people should not have green tea too close to their bedtime if they have problems with sleep because it contains caffeine.
Other Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Great for body health. It is pretty clear that people recognize green tea as a healthy beverage. Although it is well-known for its weight loss benefit, it cannot ignore other benefits of green tea for their health. Various potential health benefits can be found if people drink green tea regularly. Green tea is rich in antioxidants called polyphenol. It includes EGCG, which is a type of catechin. Various good effects of these antioxidants can be great for body health.
- Boost brain function. Caffeine is a compound that can be found in coffee but it does not especially belong to coffee alone. Tea including green tea also comes with caffeine. It can give great health benefits since it is not only useful to keep people alert but also boost brain function since green tea also comes with amino acid L-theanine.
- Boost the metabolic rate. People can enjoy the benefit of green tea to boost the metabolic rate. It means that the fat burning process can be increased as well. Since green tea contains strong antioxidants, it might be useful for protecting people against various types of cancer.
- Protect the brain. Besides useful for boosting brain function, green tea can protect the brain from various conditions including dementia risk in the elderly because of the bioactive compounds found in green tea.
- Reduce bad breath. Drinking green tea may be helpful to reduce bad breath because green tea’s catechin can inhibit the bacteria growth in the mouth.
- Since green tea can reduce blood sugar levels a little, the risk of diabetes type 2 may be reduced.